1. What is the full form of GNU?
2. In Linux what is the usual size we use for swap partition?
3. Which command is used to change permissions on Linux?
4. The system configuration in Linux is stored under which path?
5. The command used to change password is _________________ ?
6. Which Linux Service or server configuration is used for Linux and Windows to communicate or share files?
7. Which command is used to customize a command? Eg. To use ‘cls’ instead of ‘clear’ ?
8. Why you should prefer using ssh over Telnet to connect to a Linux system remotely?
9. _______________ Utility is used for repairing a corrupted file system?
10.During the Linux boot up, some messages are seen which show the services started as OK or FAILED. How can you see the messages that were already scrolled up ?
11. General system log messages are stored in which path?
12. What is full form of SMTP and why is it used ?
13. _____________ is a service of Sendmail used for transferring mail from one network to other or one host to other?
14. Which is the command used to monitor system activities?
15.____________ Command is used to change permissions of folders and files?
16. Which ports should be open on a firewall for an email server?
17. Which ports should be open on a firewall for an Web server?
18.TFTP uses which port number ________ ?
19. _________ And __________ are used in Linux as scheduler ( talk or job scheduler)
20. To find users show have logged into a Linux system and their login attempts_________ or ________ command is used.
21. ____ command is used to rename files in Linux?
22. Protocol number for TCP is ______ and for UDP is __________ ?
23. SNMP works on which port number?
24. _________ Command in Linux is used to check the configured IP address and other IP information like gateway, subnet mask etc. ?
25. A harddisk speed is measured in RPM, what does it stand for ______________?
26. To configure your linux machine as a router what command can be used?
27. What is the UID and GID of a root user??
28. You use the mount command to mount a drive / path, how to you make it persistent to reboots?
29. ________ command is used to make partitions?
30. _________ command updates the partition table?
31. Can data be written to a disk after partitioning and not formatting it?
32. _______ Command is used to check size or free space or consumed space on the Linux box?
33. RPM in Linux packages stands for ____________________ ?
34. ______ command is used to check if a package is installed on the Linux box?
35. Which command helps see RAM details?
36. Which command is used to remove swap?
37. MBR stands for _____________ ?
38. What is the MBR size : ___________ ?
39. What is full form of LILO :___________ ?
40._______________ is a chain of processes where output of one process is used as input for other?
41._____ command is used to find DNS related info in Linux?
42.To check the connectivity of two devices on the network, ________ command is used. ?
43. The username and password is stored in which file _____________ ?
44. _________ command is used to change priority of jobs?
45. To add a new user name harry what is the command used?
46. MySql database dump is taken using ______ command?
47. What is the full form of AIX in terms of IBM AIX servers?
48. Unix was invented by ______________ and __________________ ?
49. ________________ command is used to add groups?
50. _______ Folder contain base executables that are necessary for minimal function of the system. ?
51. __________ Command is used to delete files?
52. _________ command is used to remove a directory?
53. To make logs gets rotated automatically which command is used ____________ ?
54. _________ command is used to make a file system in Linux?
55. Full form of BASH is _________ ?
56. A file transfer protocol that is connectionless protocol is ______________?
57. What is LVM and why is it required?
58. Port number for Squid Proxy is ___________ ?
59. ________ command is used to check the default route ?
60. __________ can be used only for files and not for directories?
61. How may run levels are available in Linux?
62. What is run level 5?
63. SeLinux means?
64. GRUB stands for _______________ ?
65. The man command is used to see __________ ?
66. RAID stands for _____________ ?
67. While using gdb for debugging a command BT is used, what does this mean?
68. To make a service start on startup what command is used?
69. In Linux you can create many partitions, what is the minimum number of partitions required and which are those ?
70. UIDs from which number can be used for normal users and accounts?
71. To know the current dat what is the command used?
72. What is the main difference between TCP and UDP protocol?
73. To run a job in background what operator is used?
74. _____ command is used to list files and directories?
75. To create a 0kb file what command is used?
76. What does r, w, and x means in reference to file names?
77. What is the value associate with rwx?
78. Full form of FIFO is _______________ ?
79. ___________ system call creates a new process?
80. ________ system call gets the parent process identifier?
81. To see last 10 line of a file what command is used?
82. The ___________ is used to dynamically assign IP address to a client?